- Socks (1 pair/set for every 2-4 days)
- Briefs/Boxer briefs (1 for every 2-4 days); Wool (Ice Breaker, Ibex & Smartwool) or Synthetic
- Long Underwear Top – Wool or Synthetic
- Long Underwear Bottom – Wool or synthetic type
- Pants – (2) Wool blend or synthetic
- Shirts – Wool or synthetic (2 long sleeve)
- Gloves – 2 pair
- Hat (1 light – ball cap and 1 warm – w/earflaps or stocking cap type)
- Raingear – Jacket and Pants; Good quality and tough. Gortex is preferable.
- Jacket (1) – Medium weight, Wool or Fleece; Windbloc type is best for warmth/weight.
- Insulated Jacket or vest (Coldweather (Sept./Oct); Down or synthetic fill-Barney’s Brooks Range)
- Travel clothes (1 set – wear to and from airport – leave at lodge w/hard gun or bow case)
- Mountain Hiking Boots (1 pair) – high quality waterproof w/new laces and well treated/greased if leather.
- Camp shoes (optional) – only bring to camp if you have just one pair of hunting boots.
- Blister kit (Moleskin, Band-Aid Blister covers/pads, athletic tape and Duct tape)
- Sleeping bag (mummy style) – synthetic (Polarguard, Climbashield or Primaloft), but down (700- 900 fill) is ok on later/colder hunts. 10-20 Degree F rating for Aug. 0-10 Degree F for Sept/Oct.
- Waterproof stuff/compression sack
- Thermarest Sleeping Pad
- Large pack (backpack hunts) – Mystery Ranch NICE System or Barneys w/extra 2” waste buckle, Kuiu, Stone Glacier, etc
- Backpack Rainfly (Barneys or Outdoor Research),
- Daypack (horseback/riverboat hunters) – 2,000 – 3,500 cu inches. Use as carry-on on plane.
- Binoculars – waterproof (minimum of 7 power and 30 mm objective); laser rangefinder type is best
- Lens cloth
- 1 compact hunting knife (sharp) and small stone or Eze-lap Diamond Stone OR
- Havel’s Orange Handled Piranha Scalpel Knife w/60 XT blades
- 2 boxes bullets
- Electrical tape for the tip of the rifle barrel
- Digital Camera: 5-12 megapixel w/extra battery, 2nd memory card & waterproof case/bag
- 2 Headlamps w/extra battery
- 1 Liter sized hard water bottle (Nalgene) or Gatorade type bottle 2 Liter size Platypus or Nalgene wide mouth collapsible Water Bladder (very important for sheep)
- Water Filter (Katadyn Hiker), Steripen and/or Iodine/Katadyn Water Pure Tablets (Highly recommended)
- butane lighter (don’t pack in carry-on)
- Bug repellent (1 or 2 oz bottle)-Deet is best (especially in July & August)
- Garbage Bags (2 or 3, heavy duty kitchen or larger type – compactor bags best)
- Game bag/pillow case (2), for taking home capes, boned meat & dirty clothes
- Hunting License (We will purchase for you, but you need to sign and carry on you)
- Airline Ticket, Passport/ID, Firearms permit (sign at Customs), Wallet, C. Card, Contact # list
- Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste & Dental Floss
- Small (1-2 oz.) liquid soap (no-scent hair and body) or shampoo
- Lip balm w/SPF 10 minimum
- Babywipes (unscented)-(travel pack of 15 is plenty) or a couple Scent Shield Bath Towels
- Prescription medication (Optional or if required – personal things, Antibiotics, etc.)
- Glasses or contacts (if required)
- Tylenol and Ibuprofen or Advil
- Band-Aids, medical tape & antibiotic cream
- Sunblock – SPF 20-30 – Important in snow and for fair skin
- Plan to have one or two bags weighing no more than 60lbs TOTAL WEIGHT.
- Most hunts will be using horses, so please remember that you will be packing your gear into pack boxes and top packs, so please bring some smaller, water-proof bags for your camp gear.
** WE HAVE HAD REALLY GOOD LUCK WITH KUIU GEAR. THEIR YUKON RAIN GEAR IS GREAT, AS ARE THEIR MERINO WOOL HIKING SHIRTS, HIKING PANTS, JACKETS, BEANIES AND SLEEPING BAGS. CHECK THEM OUT AT WWW.KUIU.COM.**
**Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have**
Download and Print this Checklist